TPC Blue Monster at Doral
Miami, Florida 33178
Phone(s): (305) 592-2000
Fax: (305) 591-6653
The Blue Monster at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa is easily one of the nation's most recognizable golf courses. Doral can thank the PGA Tour and television for that. The Blue Monster has held a PGA Tour event since 1962, making the course the third-oldest stop on the world's top professional tour.
It is one of the true dynamic golf gems in the country.
Dick Wilson designed the Blue Monster in 1960, playing to 7,125 yards from the tips (with a slope of 130 and a rating of 74.5). Its blue (6,701 yards, 125 slope) and white tees (6,281 yards, 118 slope) are equally challenging.
With eight significant water hazards the size of small lakes splashed across its design, the name "Blue Monster" fits the bill, but there's plenty more trouble than meets the eye.
- The Blue Monster Course at Doral Golf Resort - Miami
- TPC Blue Monster course at Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami: Golf in luxury at a historic setting
- Doral's Blue Monster still has some bite for the average golfer
- Gallery: TPC Blue Monster course at Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami is a PGA Tour stalwart
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Dick Wilson, Raymond Floyd
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1961
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda grass
- Greens: Bermuda grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $350
- Weekends: $350
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: No Denim, Collared Shirt Required
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee